DEMO Consultants is an independent consultancy (SME) dealing with strategic management, technical advice and software modeling for the real estate sector. DEMO Consultants creates innovative software products offering tools for investment appraisal, portfolio management, strategic decision making and maintenance planning. DEMO Consultants works for various clients: public and private, profit and non-profit. The consultants are building engineers, real estate managers, building economists, and software developers. Together they have one focus: real estate -which is enabled to create maximum synergy. DEMO Consultants participates in national and international R&D-projects, working in close collaboration with its customers and selected associated researchers. DEMO aims to contribute to maintaining a sustainable, social and culturally rich environment.
Main roles in PROFICIENT
- Development of business model for SME-based IFD-production of energy-efficient CSO-housing.
- Development of business model for SME, energy-efficient improvement of owner-occupied post-war multi-family houses in combination with implementation of rooftop retrofitting.
- Development of prototype ESPC software tool (Energy Savings Package Configurator) and corresponding financial tools software prototypes.
- Implementation model for lifecycle data management.
- In WP0 Project Management, DEMO supports the Project Coordinator with the design, development, maintenance and hosting of the PROFICIENT public and project website.
- DEMO participates in the Proficient SME Council. In WP8, DEMO will contribute to the knowledge dissemination and valorization.
Key persons involved
Ing Ton Damen (WP5 Leader) studied economy and mathematics, and holds a BSc in building engineering. He worked as a building researcher for Bouwcentrum before starting his own consultancy firm specialized in real estate management and building sustainability. After selling his firm to PRC/ARCADIS he was for four years director of the research division of PRC. He is an acknowledged international expert on real estate condition surveys, quality assessment and performance monitoring. He acted as prime proposer and project leader of EU projects in FP4 to FP7. Together with André van Delft he owns DEMO Consultant.
Ir. André van Delft holds a BSc in building engineering (Delft University of Technology) and a MSc degree in Real Estate Management (TUD). He is an experienced software developer and specialist in developing computer models for the real estate industry. He developed software applications for ministries, institutional investors and research institutions like TNO and participated in several European research projects within the EU Framework Programs. He is the managing director of DEMO Consultants.
Oana Schippers-Trifan,MSc. holds a BSc in Journalism and Mass Communication Studies (University of Bucharest). She moved to the Netherlands in 2007 when she started a master programme in European Communication Studies at the University of Amsterdam. She received a MSc in European Communications Studies followed by a MRes in European Studies. At present she is working at DEMO as dissemination manager and research assistent in European research projects, where she is involved in the daily project management for different European projects.
Sander van Gennip holds a BSc in Information Sciences. He is an expert on data management and analysis. He is involved in the development of the DEMO Real Estate Suite. He is responsible for data migration and software implementation at DEMO clients. At DEMO he is responsible for the helpdesk services. He is well experienced in the following software languages: C, Java, C#, ASP.NET, VB.NET en Pascal.